Business grants – up to £25,000 available
There is only one week left for your business to apply for one of three grants to help offset the financial burden caused by COVID-19. Part of the additional restrictions grant scheme, there’s funding available for a variety of businesses, including home-based businesses, self-employed and freelancers. Apply for the following grants by 11:59pm on Friday, 19 March:
• Aviation sector grant – for businesses suffering hardship across all sectors. Open to businesses that have received previous grants and includes home-based businesses, self-employed, freelancers and businesses that continue to experience income loss due to downturn at Heathrow Airport. Below are just a few applicant examples:
– Laundrettes who relied on income from servicing the hotels and business travellers and could not qualify for previous grants
– Taxis, private hire, chauffeurs and car rentals who rely on the airport and the guest accommodation in Ealing
– Event equipment hire and event production for a range of clients including hotels, corporate and leisure
– Food caterers for corporate, leisure or hospitality events
– Tourism and travel agent operators
– Suppliers to retail, wholesalers and/or leisure businesses
– Couriers transporting goods to and from the airport and generally larger businesses.
• Culture sector grant – for cultural organisations and individual creatives who work in the creative and digital industries, the arts and businesses who contribute to the Ealing’s cultural economy. Applicant example – a freelance lighting engineer. Recreation and cultural events have been cancelled or postponed resulting in no work for many homebased businesses, self-employed individuals and freelancers who directly serviced multiple events.
• Covid hardship grant – for businesses who have suffered financial hardship as a result of the Covid pandemic. Eligibility criteria apply.
There will be many more applicant examples in addition to the ones shown above. Please assess your situation and submit an application.
Other financial support
Recovery Loan Scheme
There is a new loan scheme to support access to finance for UK businesses as they grow and recover from the disruption of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Mayor’s Resilience Fund
The fund is calling on innovative small to medium-sized businesses to come forward with solutions and ideas to address key recovery challenges London is facing. The Mayor’s Resilience Fund will support the designing and testing of new innovations with grants of up to £30,000.
Coronavirus testing now available to all businesses
The Department of Health and Social Care’s (DHSC) workplace testing scheme is now available to all businesses registered in England, including those with less than 50 employees, whose staff cannot work from home. Under the scheme you can order free lateral flow tests to rapidly and effectively test your employees in the workplace.
Register your interest online or email email@example.com if you are a charity, partnership or a sole proprietor. If you have less than 50 employees and cannot offer testing at your workplace, you can direct your staff to the asymptomatic test centres in Ealing, where they can get a test.